Inter-County Lockdown: Places Where Police Will Mount Roadblocks (LIST)
In addition, he released a list of areas where police officers will mount roadblocks to enforce Uhuru's directive.
Government spokesperson Cyrus Oguna on Saturday, March 26 clarified the cessation of movement within Nairobi, Nakuru, Kajiado, Machakos, and Kiambu counties imposed on President Uhuru Kenyatta.
While addressing the media, Oguna had stated that those wishing to leave the counties placed under the One Zoned Area have until Sunday, March 28 to relocate outside the curfew period. The directive applies to university students as well.
"Anyone caught off-guard by the lockdown has until tomorrow 8.00 pm to travel in the restricted areas.
"Those wishing to travel into or out of Nairobi and other four counties in the one zone area have been given until 8 pm tomorrow to travel," he stated.
In addition, he released a list of areas where police officers will mount roadblocks to enforce Uhuru's directive. Nairobi County, sandwiched between Kiambu, Machakos, and Kajiado Counties will not have roadblocks to monitor restriction of movement.
However, the Regional Police Commander may mount roadblocks to enforce other security and COVID-19 containment measures.
- At Nachu along Ngong Suswa Road.
- At Mahi Mahiu near Catholic Church along Mahi MahiuNairobi Road.
- At Mathore/Soko Mjinga at the border with Nakuru County area Lari Sub County along Nairobi-Nakuru Highway.
- At Gakoe area in Gatundu North along the Forest Road running from Nyandarua to Kiambu.
- At Blue Post in Thika west along Nairobi-Nyeri road
- At Gateiguru market along Makuyu-Gateiguru Road in Thika East.
- At Isinya along Konza-Isinya road within Isinya SubCounty.
- At Railway Bridge Stone Athi along Lukenya- Kitengela road in Isinya Sub County.
- At Njugini bridge (Loitoktok) Ilasit-Rombo Road within Kajiado South.
- At Tsavo Gate Loitoktok-Intilal Road within Kajiado South.
- At Ilasit along the Tanzania-Kenya border in Kajiado South.
- At Kiu along Makueni-Mashuru Road.
- At Emali SGR Underpass.
- At Flyover Loitoktok Junction Masimba.
- At Kiboko area off Nairobi-Mombasa Road Mashuru Sub County.
- At Kibiko area Suswa-Ngong Road within Kajiado North Sub County.
- At Vet farm along Narok-Ngong Road through KikuyuKajiado North Sub County.
- At Katumani Machakos junction along Mombasa- Nairobi Road within Athi River Sub County.
- At Katuaa along Machakos-Wote Road within Machakos County.
- At Kali along Machakos-Mbooni Road, Machakos Sub County.
- At Kwa Mutisya along Kimutwa-Kwa Mutisya road within Machakos Sub County.
- At Kavumbu along Masii-Tawa Road within Mwala Sub County.
- At Mbaikini-Muthetheni-Ikalaasa Road within Mwala Sub County.
- At Tiva bridge along Machakos-Kitui Road within Yatta Sub-County.
- At Kambi La Mawe along Ndalani-Kambi Mawe, Kaloleni Road within Yatta Sub County.
- At Kavingo along Kyua-Kanyangi Road within Yatta Sub County.
- At Kaburu Dam along Embu-Kanyonyo Road within Yatta Sub County.
- At Mai Mahiu, along Mai Mahiu-Nairobi Road.
- At Kinungi Nairobi-Nakuru Highway.
- At Karunga Market, along Gilgil-Olkalau Road.
- At Subukia along Nyahururu-Nyeri Road.
- At Mau Summit from both Kericho and Eldoret.
- At Kericho/Molo Junction into Molo Town.
- At Mau Narok, Mwisho wa Lami.
- At Kambi ya Moto along Baringo/Nakuru Road.
- At Dondori Market, entering through Lanet.
On the other hand, individuals who had bought Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) or airplane tickets are allowed to use them between Saturday, March 27 and Monday, March 29 by mid-day, afterward SGR and domestic flights in and out of the Zoned area shall be suspended until further notice.
International flights will however not be affected. However, all passengers arriving must adhere to all protocols including presenting a COVID-19 certificate acquired no more than 96 hours prior to arrival in the country.
Oguna further stated that the media passes given to journalists that had been vacated by the president in the Friday announcement would remain valid until Monday, March 29.
"You can continue using the passes until Monday when new passes will be produced and distributed," he stated.
Cases of individuals seeking specialized treatment within the Zoned area will be addressed on a case by case basis upon proof of referral and obtaining clearance from the nearest Police Commander. The same applies to the transportation of caskets, which must be disposed of within 72 hours.